Pages

Tuesday 3 April 2012

My very own Vegetable patch/ plot of heaven ;)

Well it is kind of obligatory, you have a house in the country you have to grow veggies... But more that this, I have been wanting a proper vegetable patch for as long as I can remember.

When I lived in smaller houses with tiny gardens I would grow them in amongst the flowerbeds, the tomatoes dwarfed the other plants and the sweetcorn - well that just looked ridiculous, so to have a dedicated patch to play with, tend, grow and experiment in really is my idea of heaven!

19 sleepers, 4 tonnes of soil and lots of sweat, blisters and a hot bath later, we created this:
 Above: taken first thing in the morning there is even a little frost on our lovely veggie patch!


My little secrets:
4 tonnes of soil: Have a very fit and lovely boy to shovel and move it all ;)
19 sleepers: Same as above!
Fixings: Fix the sleepers together with nail plates and long decking screws (Screwfix - good for next day delivery!) 
Sourcing these items: google search lots of places, don't dismiss those that are far away as they sometimes have local distribution points. Ask for a discount - it worked for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment